Senior Center Evacuated

Emergency crews were called to the Cache County Senior Citizen Center this morning to find that a furnace that had been worked on was malfunctioning and over-heating causing burnt oil to spill inside the building.Logan Fire Chief Mark Meaker says as a precaution everyone was evacuated from the building, a process that had already been started by the staff. Chief Meaker says the heater was disabled and “red tagged,” which means it cannot be used until it has been serviced and repaired. It was the smell of gas and something burning that caused a member of the staff to call the fire department.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!