June record month for Logan Library, July busy too

This has been a busy summer for the Logan Library staff. Library Director Ron Jenkins says circulation was the largest it has ever been during the month of June, and July is shaping up to be a big month also. “We topped 90,000 (circulated items in June) and July, I don’t think will be that busy, but it’s pretty close,” Jenkins said. Jenkins said about 60 percent of the items checked out from the library are books while the other 40 percent are audio-visual materials. The busiest days, he said, are Mondays and Tuesdays. “We’re hitting nearly 5,000-plus circulation every Monday and Tuesday,” Jenkins said.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!