Small structure fire in Richmond

A fire at a small structure in Richmond was extinguished in approximately 20 minutes Monday night as firefighters from Richmond, Lewiston, Smithfield and the Cache County Fire District worked to keep the blaze from spreading to a nearby residence. Richmond Fire Chief Lyle Bair says a 150-square foot outbuilding caught fire at around 9:40 p.m. and the cause was suspected to be a heater malfunction. The building, which was used to store chicken feed, was unoccupied at the time.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!