Early morning fire in Smithfield sends one to hospital

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation during an early morning fire Tuesday at Winn Feed Company, located at about 400 West 600 South in Smithfield. One of the patients was transported by ambulance to Logan Regional for treatment, then released.The other patient was treated on the scene by Smithfield and Cache County EMS personnel. Both were employees of the business. Fire crews from Smithfield, North Logan and Logan responded to the fire at 12:15 a m. where they reported finding heavy smoke pouring out of both ends of the building. Crews quickly contained the fire which was mostly limited to a utility room in the warehouse.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!