UPDATE: Fire at Alta Motel

An unattended candle is believed to be the cause of a fire at the Alta Motel in Logan Monday afternoon, damaging a room inside the motel’s office building. The call came in at about 4:30 p.m. and firefighters responded to the fire at 45 East 500 North in a building which is detached from the motel rooms. Logan Fire Marshal Craig Humphreys says firefighter crews responded quickly and they evacuated tenants and employees. Traffic was shut down and redirected in the area to allow personnel to properly treat the blaze which was extinguished quickly.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!