Restaurant motorhome catches fire

An unattended candle left burning in a recreational vehicle was the apparent cause of a fire Saturday night in the parking lot of the Smokin’ Blues restaurant near 1200 South Main in Logan. Logan City Fire Marshal Craig Humphreys says firefighters responded to a call at about 9:30 p.m. and arrived to find flames that had extended through the roof of the motor home with the restaurant’s name on it. He says the vehicle was parked in a far corner of the parking lot which had remained closed since a Tuesday night crash of semi trailer into eight cars nearby. Marshall says the Saturday fire was extinguished quickly but the motor home was a total loss.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!