Space heater causes house fire in Hyrum

Multiple crews responded to a four-alarm house fire at 161 W. 300 S. in Hyrum Monday afternoon. According to fire officials, it appears a space heater caught fire on the back porch of the residence and quickly spread throughout the rest of the structure. There are believed to be three residents who live at the residence, none of which were home when the fire broke out. However, when the residents returned home they spotted the flames under the back porch. Flames quickly spread throughout the home and it is a total loss. Early estimates are that the fire caused approximately $100,000 worth of damage. The fire broke out before 3:45 p.m. and crews from fire units throughout Cache County responded to the blaze. There was also a downed power line on scene, causing firefighters to use extra caution. Hyrum power officials were called on scene to assist.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!