What appears to have been a mechanical failure led to a vehicle being completely engulfed in flames on Saturday near Mantua. Mantua Volunteer Fire Department Chief Dave Derricott says the 1996 Plymouth Breeze was fully engulfed in flames on the side of Highway 89/91 late Saturday afternoon when his crews arrived.The driver of the vehicle was reportedly unharmed in the blaze. Derricott says the driver noticed her car started to overheat and the check engine lights came on. She saw smoke and pulled her car over. When she saw flames she grabbed her valuables and got out. Less than five minutes later when fire crews arrived the car was fully engulfed in flames. Three trucks and nine fire fighters responded to the scene and had the fire out in 20 minutes. The vehicle was a total loss.
Free News Delivery by Email
Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!