Logan firefighters responded to an early morning call to an apartment fire Monday. Logan City Fire Marshal Craig Humphreys says the call to 124 West 1100 North came in at 3:58 a.m. Humphreys says crews arrived to find heavy fire at the back of a duplex and the flames had spread to an adjoining duplex.”Fire crews were able to stop the spread of the fire and get that handled first, then were able make entry into the apartment that was on fire,” Humphreys says. “There was one occupant in the duplex, in one apartment. The other apartment was under remodel at the time.”There were no injuries reported and the fire department was able to get the fire under control within about 20 minutes.”Humphreys says the cause of the fire has been determined to be accidental due to the improper disposal of smoking materials. Crews from North Logan, Smithfield, Cache County, Hyrum, and Wellsville fire departments were dispatched to assist on the blaze as well as an air trailer from Lewiston.There were some pets in the apartment but none were hurt during the blaze. Occupants of nearby buildings were evacuated as a precaution and were allowed to return later. The damage to a neighboring building was primarily exterior with damaged siding and broken windows.
Free News Delivery by Email
Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!