Nine injured at Crystal Hot Springs by chlorine gas

Two pools remained closed Tuesday at a popular Northern Utah hot springs destination after nine people were injured over the weekend when a pump failed, releasing chlorine gas into the air.Bear River Health Department spokeswoman Jill Parker told the Salt Lake Tribune that when the pool pump failed about 10:30 p.m. Saturday it likely created an invisible cloud of chlorine gas that came up through the water and sickened the nine victims at Crystal Hot Springs in Box Elder County.Parker says that she did not know the condition of those injured but she says exposure to chlorine gas that comes up through the water causes respiratory irritation.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!