Electrical wiring causes smoldering attic fire

The Logan City Fire Department responded to a report of a possible structure fire located at 320 East 500 North in Logan. The call came in at approximately 2:15 p.m. The family had arrived home to find a smell of smoke and dialed 911. Upon arrival, the fire department found smoke in the attic space of the building and upgraded the incident to a working structure fire, bringing in automatic aid. The fire department made entry into a crawl space behind a wall in an upstairs bedroom and found a smoldering fire in the insulation. The fire department was able to quickly extinguish the fire.Fire damage was confined to the single bedroom with light smoke damage to other rooms of the home. No injuries were reported of the home occupants or firefighters.The cause of the fire has been determined as accidental and caused by electrical wiring.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!