Fire department responds to early morning fire at BATC

The Logan Fire Department responded to a small fire at Bridgerland Applied Technology College just before 4 a.m. Tuesday morning. According to a release from Logan Fire Marshall Craig Humphreys, the fire department saw smoke coming from two overhead garage doors in the maintenance shop when they arrived on scene. As the fire fighters entered the shop they found a small fire had been caused by a wood staining process and the fire was quickly extinguished. Fire damage was confined to the immediate area of the work table and there was smoke damage in the double bay shop. No injuries were reported. The cause of the fire has been determined as accidental and caused by improper disposal of staining materials.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!