Crews respond to early morning apartment fire in Logan

<strong>LOGAN</strong>—The Logan Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire shortly before 5:30 a.m. Thursday morning at 653 East 800 North. Four residents were present in the two-apartment structure, but there were no injuries.

Logan Fire Marshal Craig Humphreys said one of the tenants woke up to find smoke in his room and dialed 911. When crews responded, the smoke led them to the attic of the building where a small fire was found and quickly contained.

Humphreys said only one room was damaged by the fire, but that the entire building had smoke damage. The cause of the fire originated in the electrical system of the building, and was ruled to be accidental. The damage was estimated at $25,000.

Though there were no injuries, Humphreys did say that one of the residents was medically evaluate on the scene, but released. No other buildings or structures suffered any damage. 

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!