Fire scare at Rivercrossing Townhomes

Logan city fire department reporting to the Rivercrossing Townhomes on the threat of a garage fire.

<strong>LOGAN —</strong> A faulty kitchen appliance is to blame for a fire alarm Wednesday morning at the Rivercrossing Townhomes in Logan, 1008 South 220 West. Logan Assistant Fire Chief, Craig Humphreys said fire crews received a call from the townhome owner around 9 A.M.

“The homeowner had called 911 because they had found smoke in the garage,” said Humphreys. “When we arrived, the garage door had been opened and we found a kitchen appliance that was plugged in and the motor had produced smoke. It never produced any flame but just produced some smoke.”

Humphreys said the appliance was a wheat grinder and did not cause any damage to the home.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!