Logan family displaced by house fire

LOGAN – A woman and her two teenage children are unharmed after a Sunday afternoon fire swept through their home at 52 North 200 East in Logan. The fire was reported by one of the occupants of the home at approximately 5:30 p.m.

According to Logan City Fire Marshall Craig Humphreys, the Logan City Fire Department, with assistance from other agencies, responded to the house fire and found heavy amounts of smoke coming from the building and flames coming out of a side window. All three occupants of the home were able to escape the blaze unharmed.

The fire department entered the building and controlled the fire in a matter of a few minutes. The home was heavily damaged by fire and smoke. The family was displaced and the local chapter of the Red Cross has provided housing and assistance to the family. Damage from the fire is estimated at $150,000.

The cause of the fire has been determined as accidental. No other damage to structures or injuries was reported.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!