Due to current and forecasted weather conditions in northern Utah, the State Forester has determined that measures must be taken to prevent costly and damaging forest and rangeland fires. Therefore, pursuant to Utah State Law, Section 65A-8-212 Utah Code 1994, the following acts are prohibited on the areas, roads and trails described below until rescinded by the Utah State Forester.
Therefore all unincorporated private lands in Cache County will be under fire restrictions beginning July 14, 2014. The restrictions will be as follows.
1. Setting, building, maintaining, attending or using open fires of any kind, except campfires built within the facilities provided for them in improved campgrounds, picnic areas or permanently improved places of habitation.
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared to mineral soil.
3. Discharging or using any kind of fireworks, tracer ammunition or other pyrotechnics devices including explosive targets.
4. Cutting, welding, or grinding metal in areas of dry vegetation.
The following persons are exempted from the above prohibitions:
1. Persons with a permit specifically authorizing the prohibited act at a specific location.
2. Any State or Federal Fire Officer or firefighting forces in the performance of an official duty.