Sentencing postponed for man guilty of molesting teenage girl

LOGAN — The sentencing for a 37-year-old man accused of grabbing the breasts of a teenage girl has been postponed, so an evaluation can be completed.

Seth J. Martin appeared in 1st District Court Monday morning. The Logan man previously pleaded guilty to sexual abuse of a child, a second-degree felony.

Defense attorney Shannon Demler told the court that Martin was ready to be sentenced but a psycho-sexual evaluation for him wasn’t completed yet. The completed evaluation was part of a plea deal, accepted in October.

Judge Thomas Willmore explained that he wanted to review the findings of the report before sentencing the defendant. “I’ve got a 37-year-old molesting a 12-year-old,” said Judge Willmore, “so I want as much [information] as possible.”

Martin is accused of grabbing the breast of the girl several times around the first of the year. He reportedly knew the victim, who reported the assault to law enforcement.

Judge Willmore rescheduled sentencing for January 9.

Martin could face up to 15-years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

<hr /><p style=”text-align: center;”>will@cvradio.com

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!