Trenton home damaged by fire

A two-alarm fire in Trenton Monday morning is believed to have been caused by a wood burning stove.

A press release from the Cache County Sheriff’s Office said crews were dispatched to the home near 1270 S 800 E after the homeowner reported smelling smoke. When they arrived, smoke was visible coming from the roof.

The fire was found inside the wall and had spread into the basement and attic before being extinguished.

The fire was due to pre-current building code construction methods near the stove. The fire is estimated to cause $50,000 in damages.

<hr /><p style=”text-align: center;”>will@cvradio.com

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!