Sentencing postponed second time for man guilty of molesting teenage girl

LOGAN — The sentencing for Seth J. Martin, accused of molesting a teenage girl, has been postponed a second time while an evaluation is completed.

The 37-year-old Logan man appeared in 1st District Court Monday morning.

Martin’s attorney, Shannon Demler, told the court his client had completed a psycho-sexual assessment but the report had not been finalized.

Martin was arrested last year after grabbing the breast of a girl several times around January. He reportedly knew the victim, who reported the assault to law enforcement. In October, he accepted a plea deal and pleaded guilty to one count of sexual abuse of a child, a second-degree felony. As part of the agreement with prosecutors, he agreed to complete the evaluation that is used to determine his likelihood of re-offending.

Judge Thomas Willmore, who previously said he would not proceed with sentencing without the completed evaluation because of the seriousness of the charges, rescheduled sentencing for February 6. 

Martin could face up to 15-years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

<hr /><p style=”text-align: center;”>will@cvradio.com

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!