Hearing for teen accused of killing couple closed to public

FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) — A juvenile court judge barred the public from a hearing for the northern Virginia teenager accused of killing the parents of a girl he had been dating.

The Washington Post <a target=”&mdash;blank” href=”https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/hearing-for-teen-charged-in-high-profile-double-killing-in-reston-is-closed-to-public/2018/02/26/22f75282-1b3e-11e8-ae5a-16e60e4605f3%E2%80%94story.html?utm%E2%80%94term=.7080f166fe60″>reports</a> that Judge Thomas P. Sotelo agreed to a motion to close Monday’s hearing, which Fairfax County public defender Dawn M. Butorac said could feature “sensitive information” about her 17-year-old client.

Friends and family say the slain parents, 48-year-old Scott Fricker and 43-year-old Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, intervened in their daughter’s relationship with the boy after learning he espoused neo-Nazi philosophies.

Butorac said the hearing might feature information about previous charges against the teen.

The newspaper reports that the teen appeared in court wearing a white helmet, having shot himself in the head after the shooting deaths.

———

Information from: The Washington Post, <a target=”&mdash;blank” href=”http://www.washingtonpost.com”>http://www.washingtonpost.com</a>

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.