Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://apnews.com/ab454eb5afce43e9b088fe385c19b796″>’I REALLY BELIEVE I’D RUN IN THERE EVEN IF I DIDN’T HAVE A WEAPON'</a>
President Trump criticized a sheriff’s deputy who did not enter the building where the Fla. school shooting took place, and said he would have rushed in unarmed.
2. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://apnews.com/8a6d6c184f6f4a079f7be7f547ac143f”>WHY FLORIDA DEPUTY DIDN’T ENTER HIGH SCHOOL DURING SHOOTING</a>
An attorney for the now-resigned deputy says he believed the gunfire was coming from outside the building and followed his training, initiating a “code red” lockdown.
3. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://apnews.com/531f2f5dc4844ac082f356d53ddcc32a”>SUPREME COURT WON’T HEAR TRUMP ADMINISTRATION’S APPEAL ON DACA PROGRAM -YET</a>
The Court rejected the attempt to bypass a federal appeals court regarding the fate of a program that protects people brought to US illegally as children from deportation.
4. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://apnews.com/52001617b03f45e9954215f76698630f”>WHAT CIVILIANS ARE SAYING ABOUT RUSSIA’S ORDER FOR ‘HUMANITARIAN PAUSE’ AMID FAILED CEASE FIRE IN SYRIA</a>
“They will be so kind to grant us a mere five hours when they will not bomb us. Then the rest of the day, they will bomb us as usual,” says an activist living in a region pounded by airstrikes.
5. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://apnews.com/369ce5c7a60141c49d7cac79f2c53000″>HOW AMERICANS RATE CONGRESS’ PERFORMANCE</a>
More than 80 percent say they disapprove, according to a new AP poll.
6. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://apnews.com/b8b2ba251dcf489fa973320babf06a39″>WHERE SUICIDE BOMB VEST DETECTION TECHNOLOGY IS BEING TESTED</a>
The Transportation Security Administration will use the device at New York City’s Penn Station this week.
7. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://apnews.com/4c15ba978fcc411dbbdc01f7493f895f”>OFFICIAL HISTORY NEGLECTS CONTRIBUTIONS OF ENSLAVED BLACK MOROCCAN TO AMERICAN SOUTHWEST</a>
The man known as Estebanico is credited with guiding shipwrecked Spaniards through Native American communities and making further exploration possible.
8. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://apnews.com/385207c68400415d895498e336e4b74a”>DAUGHTER OF BILL COSBY DIES IN MASSACHUSETTS</a>
A family spokesman said Ensa Cosby, 44, died of kidney disease. She spoke out last year to assert her father’s innocence as he was charged with sexual misconduct.
9. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://apnews.com/7b4008c37ef743519bc9546166c77f36″>STATES CONSIDER REGISTRY OF KNOWN ANIMAL ABUSERS</a>
Eleven states are considering creating such lists, amid concern that animal abusers can go on to harm humans.
10. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://apnews.com/b039d04804814b7292b8fd32d81b004a”>HOW PARALYZED FORMER COLLEGE BASKETBALL PLAYER REALIZED HIS ATHLETIC DREAMS</a>
A chance meeting connected Steve Emt with a coach in wheelchair curling, and now he’s headed to the Paralympic Games.