Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://www.apnews.com/44fe716db208478881fa0181cb57ce19″>PRESIDENT’S DECISION ON METAL TARIFFS CAUSING TURBULENCE</a>
America’s announcement of steep dues on steel and aluminum imports is escalating tensions with China and could lead to higher prices for U.S. consumers and companies.
2. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://www.apnews.com/2a7afa406e22433fa0f558b7536dd497″>TRUMP’S BACK AND FORTH ON GUNS KEEPS THEM GUESSING</a>
Action on gun legislation has skidded to a halt in Congress — not for a lack of bipartisan proposals, but because of President Trump’s stunning shifts on gun policy.
3. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://www.apnews.com/b772eeb56ed6447faf80cf8cca7db6b4″>WHO GOT SWIFT RETRIBUTION FOR CROSSING NRA</a>
Georgia Republicans voted to kill a tax break that would have saved Delta Air Lines millions of dollars in sales tax on jet fuel after the company cut its ties with the National Rifle Association.
4. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://www.apnews.com/dee85ffc868b46749da24a814eeaaff4″>FAMED EVANGELIST BEING LAID TO REST</a>
Mourners are gathering in North Carolina for the funeral of the Rev. Billy Graham, the culmination of more than a week of tributes to “America’s Pastor.”
5. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://www.apnews.com/24e045afda574e409ea5154ed9e7422e”>ISRAELI LEADER FACES GRAFT SCANDALS AHEAD OF WASHINGTON VISIT</a>
Benjamin Netanyahu will be visiting the White House next week in the midst of a long series of corruption allegations and police investigations.
6. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://www.apnews.com/cdfb1ab043c649e7ab1c3de1d1372c15″>EVACUATIONS ORDERED AS STORM HITS SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA</a>
As many as 30,000 people have been told to leave their homes in Santa Barbara County ahead of a powerful winter storm sweeping in Friday.
7. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://www.apnews.com/a2745ec5a24948cea9add87cebd12b56″>WHICH ISSUE SUDDENLY SEEMS TO BE ON THE CONGRESSIONAL BACK-BURNER</a>
Hopes for imminent, comprehensive legislation on immigration have fallen as proposals fail to gather support and lawmakers are preoccupied with gun control.
8. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://www.apnews.com/28f9a1bd2835422fb6ee15e3c8ebcba1″>RUN-UP TO ITALIAN ELECTIONS FULL OF VIOLENCE AND DIVISIVENESS</a>
A knifing, a beating, spitting, street protests and counter-protests are all part of Italy’s election campaign ahead of Sunday’s vote.
9. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://www.apnews.com/2831ec4b9cf049abb6973632da8aaf62″>NEW HAMPSHIRE COMMEMORATION ECHOES OSCAR-NOMINATED FILM</a>
A memorial set up by the family of a troubled 26-year-old shot to death by a state trooper, shares similarities with “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.”
10. <a target=”—blank” href=”https://www.apnews.com/51d0bd1771d74e33bea5952fa150ff45″>WHAT’S AILING ALASKA’S LONG DISTANCE SLED COMPETITION</a>
A dog doping scandal, the loss of a major sponsor, disgruntled mushers and growing pressure from animal rights activists are all raising questions about the future of the 1,000-mile Iditarod race.