Raiders won’t bring long snapper Jon Condo back in 2018

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Oakland Raiders long snapper Jon Condo says the team has told him he won’t return in 2018.

Condo said <a target=”&mdash;blank” href=”https://twitter.com/JonCondo/status/971551380400848897″>on his Twitter account</a> Wednesday that the Raiders told his agent he won’t be back when he becomes a free agent next week.

Condo was initially signed to Oakland’s practice squad in 2006 and became the team’s long snapper the following season. He played 173 of 176 games over 11 years with the Raiders.

Oakland had signed two long snappers to futures contracts earlier this offseason, Andrew East and Bradley Northnagel.

The Raiders previously announced that kicker Sebastian Janikowski won’t be back next year, meaning there will be no players remaining who were acquired before longtime owner Al Davis died in October 2011.

———

More AP NFL: pro32.ap.org and twitter.com/AP—NFL

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.