Child porn trial rescheduled for former Logan man

Booking photo for Jeffrey L. Detton (Courtesy: Cache County Jail).

LOGAN — After several delays, the child pornography case for Jeffrey L. Detton has been rescheduled. The 32-year-old former Logan resident is accused of downloading child porn on his cell phone.

Detton appeared in 1st District Court Tuesday morning. His public defender, Shannon Demler told the court he and prosecutors had been waiting for a forensics report from the phone. State attorney Jacob Gordon said the report was completed and a copy was provided to defense council.

Demler explained that he and prosecutors had been unable to resolve the case and requested a three-day jury trial. Judge Brian Cannell scheduled it for March 13-15.

Court records show charges and an arrest warrant were filed against Detton in March 2015. He wasn’t arrested until August 1, 2017, when he was found living in Riverton.

Detton waived his right to a preliminary hearing last summer. He was later released from the Cache County Jail after posting $50,000 bail.

Detton has been charged with 10 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, a second-degree felony. He could face up to 15-years in prison if found guilty.


will@cvradio.com

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.