LOGAN — A two day jury trial has been scheduled for Paul W. Doucette. The 31-year-old Logan man is charged with assaulting a woman during a Halloween party in 2017.
Doucette appeared in 1st District Court Monday afternoon. He previously was bound over on charges of rape and forcible sodomy, both first-degree felonies.
Public defender Shannon Demler requested the trial. He told the court, he and prosecutors had failed to reach a plea agreement in the case. It was scheduled for March 20.
According to police, Doucette allegedly sexually assaulted the woman during a party, early on the morning of October 29. The victim told officers, the defendant attempted to have sex with her. After telling him no and pushing him away, he held her down on the floor and raped her multiple times. The assault stopped when she called out to a friend, who walked into the room and witnessed what was happening.
This isn’t the first time Doucette has been charged with a crime. In October 2016, he walked into a hair salon with an air-soft handgun under his arm. He reportedly waived the gun, telling the employees that he worked for the police and god. He walked out the backdoor of the business and was later confronted by police and arrested.
Doucette is currently out of jail after posting $20,000 bail. He could face up to life in prison if convicted.