LOGAN — The rape trial for Kay K. Moosman has been postponed after attorneys said they were trying to work out an agreement. The 59-year-old Mendon man’s three-day trial was scheduled to begin February 6.
Moosman appeared in 1st District Court Monday morning. He was previously charged with rape, sodomy and object rape, all first-degree felonies; along with voyeurism and multiple counts of violating a protective order, all misdemeanors.
Cache County deputy attorney Jacob Gordon told the court they had filed a third criminal case against Moosman and asked for more time, as he and defense attorneys work out a possible plea deal.
Moosman was arrested last June after the alleged victim reported the assaults to Cache County Sheriff’s deputies. The defendant was apparently acquainted with the woman, who had previously filed a protective order against him.
Court records show, Moosman waived his right to a preliminary hearing in September. He also pleaded not guilty to all of the charges. He could face up to life in prison if convicted.
During Monday’s court appearance, Moosman was ordered to appear again in court February 11. He is currently out of jail after posting $5,000 bail.