LOGAN – If you drive on Main Street in Logan during the overnight hours, expect some major delays beginning Monday, July 8.
A pavement rehabilitation project is set to get underway from the Y-Intersection to 1000 North, according to the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT).
Construction crews will be removing and replacing the top layer of asphalt on Main Street during mostly night-time hours and weather permitting.
Work hours on weeknights are scheduled from 8:30 p.m. – 7 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday hours are 8:30 p.m. – 10 a.m.
What to expect:
- There will be lane shifts and restrictions during work hours throughout the duration of the project.
- Motorists should expect delays and are advised to use alternate routes.
- Business and residential access will be maintained. Brief driveway closures are possible when equipment is passing by residential and business accesses during milling and paving operations.
- Parking on Main Street will not be permitted during work hours.
- Noise and lighting impacts should be expected in residential areas at night.
Tentative work schedule:
- July 8-14: Lower utility manholes below the pavement surface to prepare for resurfacing
- July 15-early August: Rotomill and repave Main Street.
- July 23-24: Construction will be suspended for Pioneer Day.
- Early – mid August: Raise utility manholes back to roadway surface grade and place pavement markings and messages.
- Mid- late August: Final clean-up and project completion.