LOGAN — Police and fire fighters were called to a small house fire Wednesday afternoon in south Logan. The blaze was reported around 1:45 p.m. at 30 Hollyhock Lane, after flames were seen coming from the side of the home, near the garage.
Logan City Fire Marshall Craig Humphreys said crews were able to quickly arrive on the scene. They found a section of charred siding on the outside of the home.
Fire fighters determined the blaze came from a barbecue grill that the residents of the home were using earlier. The grill had been placed next to the side of the house.
It is suspected that flames from the unattended grill spread to the siding and eaves.
The fire caused only minor damage and none of the occupants of the home were injured.