Preston City will hold its’ annual Festival of Lights Saturday, November 30.
“It’s just a fun family activity to come and celebrate the holidays,” said Julie Johnson, event committee member.
This year’s event on Saturday includes:
- LIVE ENTERTAINMENT/VARIETY SHOW – 12:15 pm @ Preston High Auditorium
- BED RACE – 3:00 pm on State Street
- SANTA CLAUS ON STATE STREET – 2:00-5:00
- FREE KIDS MOVIE – 4:00 pm @ Worm Creek Opera House
- FIREWORKS/LIGHTED PARADE – 6:30 pm (Pre-Parade Show by Devin Rae)
The bed race on State Street is always a big hit with locals and visitors from out of town.
“We would love to have some people from Cache Valley join in on the bed race,” said Johnson.
The fee for entering a team of six is $25. There will be a $300 cash prize for 1st place.
Johnson said they have added some new lights to the park this year and there is a home light decorating contest. A live map will give directions to the houses that have entered into the competition.
“We get a lot of family members come in for Thanksgiving every year,” she said. “They participate in the parade and just come enjoy the community closeness.”
For more information on the event, visit here.