CLARKSTON — Emergency crews were able to quickly extinguish a shed fire in Clarkston Thursday night. The fire was reported near 42 N. 200 E. around 9:30 p.m.
Residents first saw the fire and called 911. They reported the 30×40 ft. detached shed had 8-9 ft. flames coming out of the roof.
First crews on the scene reported smoke coming from the eaves of the building.
According to the Newton Fire Department, fire fighters located an active fire in the west side of the structure. A quick attack by crews extinguished the flames.
Deputies with the Cache County Sheriff’s Office report the fire started from a wood burning stove inside the shed. There were two nearby residences. Neither sustained any damage.