LOGAN — Fire fighters were called to an apartment fire early Thursday morning east of the Logan Tabernacle. The blaze was reported just after 7:30 a.m. near 78 N. 100 E.
Logan City Fire Marshal Craig Humphreys said smoke was seen coming from the eaves of the building when crews arrived on the scene.
“There was fire found in the attic around a ceiling fan,” explained Humphreys. “Fire fighters were able to remove the ceiling, and gain access to the fire and extinguish it.”
There were four people inside the apartments at the time of the fire. They were all able to evacuate without any injuries.
Humphreys said the building had two apartments on the main floor and one in the basement. Since the fire was in the ceiling, it appeared to have damaged two of the units.
“I don’t know how much structural damage was done to the ceiling joist but we will evaluate that as we move forward.”
The basement apartment did not appear to be effected by the fire. Crews had to cut all of the utilities to the building though, so it will be some time before any of the occupants can return to their homes.
Humphreys said they do not believe the fire was suspicious. The exact amount of damage done by the fire is still being determined.
Police blocked 100 E. between Center Street and 100 N. while crews extinguished the fire.