Salt Lake City – After Gov. Gary Herbert urged the public Thursday to avoid large gatherings for the next two weeks to prevent the continuing spread of COVID-19 the Utah Department of Wildlife Rescources have postponed several planed public events.
Because of that announcement the DWR will be canceling and postponing the following events:
- March 14: Wild Swan Viewing events and activities at Farmington Bay and Salt Creek WMAs
- March 28: Mountain goat viewing event at Rock Creek in northeastern Utah.
- March 28: Turkey Hunting Clinic at the Eccles Education Wildlife Center
- March 28: Turkey Hunting Clinic in Monticello
The following events will be postponed to a later date (yet to be determined):
- March 12: Learn to Fish Utah Lake event at the DWR Central Region Office in Springville
- March 19: Walleye Seminar at the DWR Salt Lake City office
“The DWR takes the coronavirus very seriously and is committed to following recommendations from health officials and other government leaders,” DWR Assistant Director Robin Cahoon said. “While we are canceling and postponing several wildlife viewing events and other seminars, there are many areas around the state where Utah residents can see wildlife and enjoy nature on their own as individuals.”
The DWR events scheduled for April have not yet been canceled and will be evaluated after we receive additional direction from health officials and state leaders. Find a full list of DWR’s upcoming events on the DWR Eventbrite. Information for DWR events can also be found on the division’s Facebook page and website.